Saturday, March 27, 2010

This week


  • Yesterday was Ms. R's (student teacher) last day - she did a wonderful job and is going to be a fabulous teacher! The center photo is our Apparel Dev. I class, she gave each of them a treat bag with a 'fat quarter' (fabric) and candy, then taught them how to make yoyos. They stitched or glued the yoyos onto ribbon or headbands...too cute!...and the girls didn't even complain about sewing by hand. Sweet Ms. R gave me a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure which I plan to redeem later today.
  • Some of the Apparel II students finished their projects (a garment that fit the bottom of their body) On each end of the above collage, check out the precious skirt and the 'oh so popular this Spring' rompers. Such talented girls!
  • In the Basement, Bikini Bags continue to be a 'best seller'. These make great gifts for Bridesmaids, graduation, birthdays...especially since bikini season is right around the corner!
  • March is a big birthday month in our family...Danny got the ball rolling on the 1st. Our grandson, Cooper, turned four yesterday...really? FOUR!?!?! where does the time go? Rach will be 26 y/o on Tuesday and that makes me feel 'old as dirt'! Pa, if you are reading this, it makes you REAL old ;)
  • As of Wednesday, I'm down 24 lbs.!!! think I've hit a plateau, which is driving me nuts (can we say impatient?!?) but I am determined to see it though this time!

My weekend 'to do list' is so long I don't even want to think about it! Thankfully, Monday is a teacher work day and Spring Break will be here soon. Y'all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You have had a busy week. Your student's rompers are adorable! They did a great job. Cute skirt too. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and get lots accomplished. Oh, the bikini bags are so adorable. I know they will be best sellers for you. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!! What is the pattern that the girls used for the rompers?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete