Monday, August 16, 2010

Be a Donor

With only two days of summer vacation left, it's time to think about school. I get so tired of 'back to school' commercials and all the hype, but I suppose parents and retailers get really excited about this time of year. We are already getting emails about spending cuts and tight school budgets so I decided to try something new to get materials we'll need for class. Have you heard of DonorsChoose.org? It's a great website where teachers can submit proposals for projects and then donors can contribute to the purchase of the requested supplies. Donors can search for proposals from their local schools or subjects they are interested in. My proposal is Supplies for Spectacular Seamstresses in case you want to send some blog love ($$) my way.
Hubby is home since BP says all of the oil is gone. (?) Anyway, I'm not complaining. He will be able to manage the rest of the job from here with an occasional quick trip down. We have been working like mad on our my 'summer to do list'. Cleaning out the garage & basement storage room where biggies and they are checked off. The pictures below are of my sewing/work space, I did a little more tweaking...it's almost perfect! And we finally posted the updated website! I've been working on it all summer. No doubt it will need some tweaking too, so if you see any problems, please let me know. Web designing is a mind boggling job, especially for one as computer challenged as I am.

Although I haven't posted many project pictures lately, I've been doing lots of sewing.




That's about it for now...hope y'all have a Marvolous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. How cute. By the way, I saw the new baby yesterday. She's still too small for what we made for her ;-) But she is a baby doll of love. Let me know one on one if you have a student this year who needs something for your class. I'm serious. If I am able to help, I'll do it stat. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received my wallet today and love it.
    You did such a great job!!

    Thanks so much for doing the give-away.

    ReplyDelete