Monday, August 30, 2010

Special requests


Couldn't wait share these two very special request orders that I just finished.

The first is a custom monogram designed by Jessica (friend of daughter from hometown) for her cousin's wedding invitations. She contacted me about stitching the monogram on some gifts. I explained about digitizing (changing to a format that the embroidery machine recognizes), she found someone to do it and sent me the file last week. As you can see, it stitched out beautifully! I made the linen pillow with navy cording and monogram. The ivory linen hemstitched hand towels are also stitched in navy. Very elegant, don't you think? She is very talented and I'm so happy she contacted me to help with these very special gifts.

Another customer needed aprons with pockets for herself and other preschool teachers. She has purchased tons of burp cloths from me and we tease about everyone in her town being pregnant. Said she wanted a black apron and 'liked teal better than pink ' then gave me creative freedom . I picked up the pocketed aprons at Hobby Lobby, added ribbon and stitched her name. How cute is this? We were both pleased with the results.

And now I am very tired.
Hope you have a marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work. I love the pillow and linen towel. They are so pretty! And those aprons are adorable! How cute for a teacher! Keep up the good work. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are so wonderful! I wish everyone could see the quality. It is above and beyond what most consumers usually get. I can appreciate the craftsmanship since I'm a seamstress - not your caliber - myself. That pillow is darling! Way to go Miss S!
    P.S. Did you know that I've gone back to work? :-)

    ReplyDelete