Monday, April 13, 2009

Points vs. Fat grams

Do you remember when 'low fat' dieting first hit? was that some time in the 80's? Remember stories of women fighting in the grocery store to buy SnackWell fat-free cookies, so they could go home and eat the whole box! "0 fat grams", they would say...but 100,000 calories...dah!...that's advertising for you. Anyway, the concept was to eat less than 30 grams of fat a day...remember how impossible that seemed? Well, my post-surgery diet is low fat, less than 20 grams per day. I thought, no way! but soon discovered that too much fat equaled pain! so my average fat intake for the past two weeks has been between 13-18 grams per day....impressive, right? So you'd think the pounds would be dropping off, right? Well, not so much. However, enough pounds lost that my WW points have dropped...that's a good thing, right? All I really know is this: yesterday I prepared a lovely Easter lunch for my family...glazed ham, macaroni & cheese (the real kind made with elbow macaroni, extra-sharp cheese, eggs,milk, baked in the oven), deviled eggs, green beans, steamed carrots, dinner rolls, and lemon pound cake w/ice cream and I ate grilled chicken breast (unseasoned) & green beans. Oh well, at least they looked happy.


Did I mention I'm on Spring Break this week? .... YIPPEE!!! Have lots of sewing to catch up on and might do a little closet cleaning, but I'm mostly going to rest and hopefully get well.


I made this lunch tote and cosmetic bag last night...love the fabric & colors.


Hope you have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are having a great week!! Vaca time is so fun!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete