Saturday, October 24, 2009

They're back!


Hot flashes, irritability, memory loss, night sweats....menopause symptoms! I've lived through adolescence (mine & the girls!) wild college days (again, mine & theirs!), 28 hrs. of HARD labor, an unhappy marriage, excessive weight gain (and loss and regain), single parenthood, financial difficulties, and I swear right now menopause feels like the plague to end all others. It got really bad this summer. So after lots of research, a few trials with home & OTC remedies I finally decided to try a mild antidepressant. We are not strangers to psycho-girl drugs in our house and they have helped us maneuver through some tough times. Since mid-August the meds seemed to be doing the trick and symptoms were much better...until this past week...and now they're back with a vengeance. I'd love to hear about your experiences, especially coping mechanisms, if you are living with this special life event. And we thought menstrual cramps were the curse. Ha!
I've got lots of work to do in the basement, but think I'll take part of the day off and go to 'Christmas Made in the South'...check out the competition. Y'all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I decided to do HRT and it does wonders for me. I know the current research and monitor my own health carefully. It's a personal health decision that has to be made based on your own history and risk factors. I do understand what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete