Friday, February 18, 2011

New shoes...whacked body

I've probably mentioned that watches and shoes are my two favorite accessories. Most of my shoes have about a 2" heel...flats are so precious, but give me a killer backache if I wear them for more than a few hours. Open heels are always my first choice because my feet are two different sizes. No, not just a little different...way different! - right foot is a 7.5 or 8...left foot is a 9 or 9.5...isn't that special!?!?! (and it's not just my feet, my whole body is whacked up...a mystery from birth until my genetic counselor daughter diagnosed it, hemihyperlpasia...now how's that for a genetic disorder!?!) Sorry, I digress, back to the feet and shoes. Since I can't afford to purchase two pair of shoes, clogs work best...yes, one is a little floppy...but it is what it is. Anyway, I've been in search of shoes to wear with khaki pants. I grew up with that fashion rule: shoes should match the hem of your garment, so wearing brown, black, blue shoes with khaki just drives me nuts . I finally found these super comfortable, SoftWalk clogs that are a perfect match! They are 'sand' suede and antique leather and cute as a button ... what do you think? They also come in navy, black and dark brown...do I dare get a pair in each color. Maybe. Probably.
I'm loving the sunshine & warm temperatures of the past few days. Trying not to get overly excited as the weather is wishy-washy this time of year. An escape from the Basement might be in order if it stays this pretty all weekend. Y'all enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OH bless your heart! If you ever order Stephen Bonanno sandals, you can get one in each size ;-). Wouldn't that be wonderful! And I actually think they make some with heels now! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Buy them in every color!

    Now...do you understand why I own black cowboy boots and black pants? I'm sure the kids thought it was morbid that I only wore black, but.... my pants and shoes match! :)

    ReplyDelete