Sunday, January 18, 2009

Missing 'woman' gene....

I'm so glad that tomorrow is a school holiday! Without the typical 'get ready for tomorrow' evening chores, I'm putting in some extra 'blog reading' time. It's fun to have a glimpse at life experiences of others...some similar and some very different. Reminds me that there are a lot of typical woman things that I just don't enjoy. Topping that list are shopping, weddings and showers... eck! ... my husband teases me that I must be missing some of the woman genes! But here's how I see it:

  • shopping-how much stuff does one need? too many people spending money they don't have, trying to impress people they don't know, buying stuff they don't need. I see post after post with pics of things they have bought or want to buy. I just don't need 'things'...unless you are talking sewing machines, fabric, ribbon...oops! did I just contradict myself?
  • weddings-too much time & money spent planning an event, and too little attention paid to planning for a successful 'marriage'. Now my wedding was wonderfully 'us'...Tuesday afternoon, historic 'villa', 30 closest friends & family, tiniest cake ever (but oh so yummy!!), great music & food...all for less than $1,000...I swear! and we are JUST as married (and happy) as those who spend $40,000 +
  • showers-a bunch of women being 'sweet' to your face, then trashing whoever leaves the room first...to me that's sort of like getting so drunk that you get sick, how fun is that?!?!? 'Nough said!

I'm sure all these opinions stem from some deep rooted insecurities or inferiority complex or something. Anyway, although I'm not one of them, I am very thankful for all the shoppers and shower goers out there...you make fabulous customers! So please keep shopping and celebrating! Until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Major props to that last one. I hate showers, ugh! Love your blog. And I'm ordering something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks...would love to make something special for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan!! Love this post! :D I understand the wedding thing! We had a small wedding... very small. We made up for it in Brussels on leave from Iraq... We had Michael Chia take the most amazing photos, ever. I think that's going to be one of the most memorable "events" of my marriage. :)

    On a side note.. All these school holidays make me want to change my major to education...


    :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to beat teaching...decent pay, great benefits & retirement, no nights, weekends or holidays...best job on earth if you have to be a 'working Mom'!

    ReplyDelete